(Wall o’ Daddy I have made for the boys.)
With the upcoming D word, I am finding it hard to be sad.
- Do I wish my husband could stay home forever??! OF COURSE!!
- Is that the life we have chosen? No.
With all the summer activities and get ready for daddy to leave stuff, I had been quite busy. Now that we have completed so much, it has hit me he is leaving, SOON. I don’t want you to think that doesn’t make me “sad”, because I am heart broken. It’s just not like it was the first time when I was 22, living in California, and thought my whole world would end! (lol)
I want my husband to be all he can be, (no, he’s not in the Army) and with his job choice that means sea time. We have been lucky. This is only our third time in 11 years.
This deployment will be good for my husband’s career (no matter which direction it will head in next). He doesn’t want to go anymore than we want him to, but he does want to have the experience it will bring.
I say I am having a hard time feeling sad, because this year has brought so many blessings!
- We joined our church this year.
- My children and I have been baptized this year.
- I helped with VBS at our church which was, also, me conquering a fear…
- I was able to sell my Dad’s house (this sounds awful, but the stress is took away was a TRUE blessing).
- After selling the house, I was able to completely pay my father’s funeral bill.
- My husband will soon be a Chief Petty Officer in the US Navy.
I’m not sure if it’s because this is coming after the LOOOOONG couple of years prior to this one that makes this year seem so wonderful, or if it’s just wonderful all by itself. I can say, though, I am at a point in my life where I am content.
Thanks to the guidance we have gotten from God, we are where we need to be; doing what we need to be doing. Of that, I am sure.
This next journey will definitely be something you will want to stay tuned for…
***McCrazy Daily Lesson: Life is a journey full of happiness and sadness. Sometimes we have to suffer through sadness, so we can be more thankful for the happiness.***
I can track these periods in my life, completely. They are what has made me who I am.
Philippians 4:13~ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.